music and entertainment law Mclane and Wong - Entertainment Law

attorneys bios client list attorney consultation articles link
home page contact us link Gold/Platinum Awards page
video page top 10 clients

Forming A Label

by Ben McLane, Esq.

Forming a label and selling music is doing business. You will need to take care of some basics: (i) decide what type of business formation to use (DBA, partnership, LLC or corporation), (ii) come up with a cool name/logo, (iii) obtain a business license from your county, (iv) open a bank account, (v) print up business cards and stationary, (vi) obtain UPC and ISRC barcode(s) for your label/product, and (vii) find a retail and online distributor (or you and the bands can sell independently until a distributor cares).

Copyright 2006, Ben McLane
E-Mail Us
E-Mail Us

McLane & Wong
11135 Weddington Street, Suite #424
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Telephone: 818.587.6801  Fax: 818.587.6802

E-Mail Us

The Attorneys | Articles | Consultation | Clients | Home | Contact Us | Gold/Platinum Awards | Top 10 Hits | Videos